Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Me and why I train

I'm 5'6, weigh 210lbs, have 3 kids and I'm married to a very patient woman. Smoking is a habit I am working on cutting down and hopefully out, drinking is something I do every few weekends and I do that well. Eating is another thing I do pretty good, especially in front of the TV. I can cook, mostly fried and fatty food, my fried chicken is my family's favorite thing to eat, my wife mentioned it in our marriage vows, coming in a close second is my Rib Eye.

In my elemtary school days I wasn't the athletic kid, nor was I the fat kid, I just was in the middle. In Jr High, I gained 10 lbs from my 5th grade weight, I do remember being able to do 5 pull-ups. In High School, almost joined the football team quit on a double day, no sports for me. Ran with the "wrong" crowd, did some time and came out in my Senior year as strong as one of the smaller lineman on the football team, but no...I did nothing with that new found strength and speed. As an adult I tried to maintain that same level of fitness, but working out for 6 months at a time and taking a year off - until the next workout - to eat and party isn't a particularly good workout regimine.

Just recently I used the stairs to get to my work area, legs were aching, head was sweaty and I couldn't breathe properly for 5 to 10 minutes. Was at home changing when my 6 year old walks in and she says, "Daddy you're fat." Saw pictures taken at a BBQ and my shirt that fit a few months back was now looking like an Affliction shirt...the shirt was a button up.

My Son has been in sports all his life, he'd placed 4th in Country for Wrestling his 2nd year in Jr High, he's a beast on the mat in High School he's pretty well rounded kid. My daughters who are really shy are just starting their first classes of Judo and you can tell they are trying to over coming their fear of talking to people just by going on the mats and rolling with the other kids. I've got 3 nephews that have taken 1st place in local Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Tournaments, multiple times. Two of them are 7 and the eldest is 10. They have less than a years worth of training...

Why do I train? Please see above.

Off to the 1st day of my 2nd week, Inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment