Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Perfection!!!!

Is not what I am striving for at this point, maybe later, right now I'm just happy with the smallest of improvements.

Tonight I rolled with 3 folks;

Andrew a very cool guy who'd rolled at Gracie Barra in Santa Barbara for 8 months and is 5 months at the gym we roll at now. He taught me that when on bottom try to keep off your back making a point to be on your hips instead so that you can attempt to gain a better position.

Ryan a blue who'd seen me trying to breathe and he offered to roll, we did but he was pretty active and I gassed within 2 or 3 minutes. I need to get used to rolling cause I felt bad that I wasn't able to roll with him for long, I know he would've been able to show me a lot. Anyone got any spare lungs I could borrow?

Jacklyn, we were watching two guys rolling going from position to position and I asked her what that was and she told me but I forgot what it was called. The way she explained it, they were rolling at 50% power and giving up position to learn to lock the subs. It looked cool! She offered to show me how to roll like that but as we were about to begin class ended. Hopefully next time she'll be able to teach me how to roll like that as I'm sure it'll help out my game.

Tonight's victories!!!
* I was able to isolate an arm! Nothing happened, but I had it.
* I passed guard into full mount by feinting 2 smash passes and using a leap frog to get over the knees. Andrew complimented me by laughing cause I think he couldn't believe I passed that way.
* Got complimented on my submission defense, which isn't hard cause I have no neck and short arms and I'm heavy : )

Tonight's Defeats!!!
* Need to learn to not shit bricks when I'm mounted, I give up my back when this happens cause it hurts to have someone sitting on my gut. SITUPS SITUPS SITUPS!!!
* Need to learn to not get swept when in any top position, gotta take things slow, use my weight and make sure I have control before I try anything.
* Oxygen, I need it.
* Stamina, eludes me still but I think it's slowly improving.

Spoke with Sirus, he saw me and told me it took him a month and a half to get used to rolling. He said he used to gas like me but it got better with time. This is encouraging to me because Sirus is a physically fit guy with a six pack! So I guess even fit folks go through the pains I'm going through right now.

Taking this Journey slowly but surely seems to be the key to obtaining Game. Which is good cause at this point I can only do things Slow...

Today's food:
Breakfast - Spaghetti with ground turkey and whole wheat noodles, gotta love leftovers!
Lunch - Grilled pork banh mi! YUM! But I think I gotta chill on these.
Dinner - Cream of Broccoli soup and adobo. Not together though.

Started snacking on trail mix in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment