Thursday, April 15, 2010

Skipping class tonight

Somehow I tweaked my back last night so no class tonight, packing my Gi and stuff just in case it loosens up in the afternoon.

While working at the airport loading/unloading passenger planes, I'd slipped a disc in my lower lumbar area, I was about 22 years old and since that time my back has never been the same. For the most part I've been able to do everything fine but my back does flare up every once in a while, but I've learned the hard way when I can push myself and when I should just rest up and let my spine re-align itself.

To counter my back problems I've got a stretching routine in the morning that has helped keep the pain away.

On hands and knees under the covers I'll stretch my hands out and reach as far as I can go and hold the stretch for about 10 to 15 seconds. I'll repeat those movements reaching left and right to make sure I cover a good range of motion.

Curling into a ball also helped until I got heavier then my gut felt like it was pushing my spine in a weird way. That goes the same for the upward motion of a catch stretch, so I'm leaving those two out for now till I lose a portion of the Gut LOL

If I miss training today, I think I'll do some Yoga and hopefully it'll help me out for my next session.

Food tracking begins:

Breakfast - Oatmeal and a banana
Need to add a protien shake to this meal and I think I'm good.

Lunch - Carl's Jr, had a Big Carl, medium fries and a 32oz fruit punch
I blame Mark.

Dinner - Had a rib eye, broccoli and fried rice
I'm the Uncle you've got that likes the Fat of the steak and will eat mine AND yours. I know it's bad and I shouldn't but I do it anyways. I need to stop that or choose a leaner cut of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment